Dentist in Lake Worth FL
There’s so much that can be done these days to improve the appearance of a person’s smile — at any age. From powerful, professional whitening treatments to amazingly realistic porcelain veneers to state-of-the-art dental implants, there’s a wide range of exciting possibilities.
The first step in any smile makeover is a thorough dental examination to make sure that your cosmetic problems really are just that, and not a sign of underlying dental disease. Once your health has been established, your smile can be cosmetically enhanced in a variety of ways.
Cosmetic & General Dentistry Procedures
Modern dentistry offers a wide range of services to make sure your teeth stay healthy, function well and look great. These procedures include:
- NCleanings & Oral Exams, to keep your teeth and gums healthy, and catch early signs of dental disease
- NCosmetic Bonding, to repair small chips or cracks
- NCrowns & Bridgework, to replace large amounts of lost tooth structure and/or missing teeth
- NDental Implants, for the longest-lasting tooth replacement available today
- NExtractions, to remove unhealthy teeth that cannot be saved
- NFillings, to restore decayed teeth
- NInlays & Onlays, to fill teeth with larger cavities
- NInvisalign Clear Aligners, for highly discreet orthodontic treatment
- NOral Cancer Screenings, to detect a dangerous disease that can be cured if caught early
- NOrthodontic Treatment, to move teeth into the right position
- NPorcelain Veneers, for repairing larger chips and cracks, and reshaping teeth
- NRemovable Dentures, to help you smile again
- NRoot Canal Treatment, to rescue diseased teeth
- NSealants, to help prevent cavities
- NTeeth Whitening, to brighten a faded or discolored smile
- NTMD Treatment, for pain in the jaw area that can interfere with biting and chewing
- NTooth-Colored Fillings, for a completely natural, healthy look
- NTooth Decay Prevention, so you keep your natural teeth as long as possible
When to Visit the Dentist
Many people only go to the dentist when something is wrong. That is truly a shame, because they are missing out on so many preventive services that can save discomfort — and expense — down the road. Regular dental visits are essential to make sure oral health problems — from tooth decay to oral cancer — are detected and treated in a timely manner. Some individuals may need to see the dentist more often than others to stay on top of problems like plaque buildup and gum disease, but everyone should go at least once per year.
Your regular dental visits will include a thorough oral exam to check the health of your teeth and gums; and oral cancer screening to spot any suspicious signs early; and a professional cleaning to remove stubborn deposits and make your teeth look and feel great. So don’t miss out on the many benefits dentistry offers you and your family!
Your Smile Makeover
The most important job you have as a member of your own smile makeover team is to communicate exactly what you don’t like about your smile and how you’d like it to be different. Before the first consultation, give some thought to the following questions:
- NWhat do you like or dislike about the color, size, shape and spacing of your teeth?
- NAre you pleased with how much your teeth show, both when you smile and when your lips are relaxed?
- NDo you want teeth that are perfectly aligned and a bright “Hollywood White,” or would you prefer a more natural look with slight color, shape and shade variations?
- NWould you like more or less of your gums to show when you smile?